Thursday, October 17, 2024

The Power of My Father’s Prayers


Growing up, I would often hear my father praying, asking God for wisdom, knowledge, and discernment. His humility always reminded me of King Solomon’s prayer when he became king. Instead of asking for wealth or power, Solomon asked God for wisdom to lead his people (1 Kings 3:7-12). My father’s prayers were similar, always saying, “Lord, I am nothing without You. I need Your wisdom.”

Over time, God answered my father’s prayers. Although he had struggled with education and speaking, he went on to finish Bible college with good marks. For over 20 years now, he has been faithfully serving in ministry.

“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” – James 1:5

How God Poured Wisdom into My Life.

As I reflect on my own journey, I realize that God was answering my father’s prayers not just for himself, but also for me. God gave me skills and opportunities that I could never have achieved on my own. Like Bezalel, whom God filled with wisdom, understanding, and skills to craft the tabernacle (Exodus 31:2-5), I received the ability to work with media, learn over 80 different software programs. These were blessings that came through my father's faithful prayers.

Inspired by my father’s faith, I began my own journey at 17, driven by a passion for media and creativity. After 5 years of hands-on experience in media production, branding, and marketing, I ran my own business. But during that time, God spoke to me and asked me to stop. He told me to wait for His timing, promising a new direction in Maharashtra. Following God’s call, I moved to Mumbai, I was referred by my aunt to SEAL Ashram, where I began volunteering. I believed this was where God wanted me, but after working there for a month and eight days, things didn’t go as I expected. The organization wasn’t satisfied with my work, and I didn’t receive any confirmation or official joining letter. I prayed for clarity, and soon, God opened another door through, a sister in Christ.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”– Proverbs 3:5-6

Conclusion: God's Faithfulness

My father’s story is a testament to God’s faithfulness and the power of prayer. His prayers for wisdom and knowledge were answered not only in his life but also in mine. As I look at the skills and opportunities God has given me, I know they are not because of my own ability but because of His Grace.

Like Solomon, whose wisdom was a gift from God, I’ve come to understand that the wisdom and skills we receive are not for our own glory but for His kingdom.

If you feel lost or uncertain about your future, know that God can pour His wisdom and grace into your life, just as He did for my father and for me. When we humble ourselves before Him, He lifts us up in ways we could never imagine.

“For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.”– Proverbs 2:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heartfelt Birthday Tribute to Missionary Saji Mathew: A Spiritual Father, Mentor, and Missionary Legend

Today, I find myself overwhelmed with gratitude and emotion as I sit down to pen these words a humble attempt to honor a man whose life has ...