Over 12 years ago, God planted a dream in my heart. It wasn’t just a fleeting idea but a calling that came from a deep, unforgettable moment in my childhood. As a boy, riding with my family on our old Bajaj Chetak, I saw two young children on the streets—hungry, desperate, and crying for food. Their suffering pierced my heart, and though I was just a child, I knew in that moment that I wanted to help children like them. But I felt powerless.
That experience stayed with me, and as I grew older, the burden on my heart only deepened. I knew I had to do something to care for those in need. I was inspired by one of my mother’s friends, a missionary who ran an orphanage in Orissa. His dedication to providing love, care, and shelter to children moved me deeply. I knew that I was called to follow a similar path.
While this dream of helping children was always at the forefront of my mind, another passion began to grow in me—photography. I found inspiration in the adventures of Bear Grylls, and photography became my creative outlet and a way to explore the world. By the age of 17, I joined a wedding photography company. I quickly developed my skills in media production, marketing, branding, and event management, and this eventually led me to start my own business.
The business flourished, and I saw success beyond my expectations. However, even though the company was growing, I knew that God had a greater purpose for my life. This business was only a stepping stone, preparing me for the vision He had planted in my heart: to build an orphanage and support children in need across India. Despite receiving multiple offers for investments and partnerships, I turned them down, knowing that my life’s purpose was not tied to business alone.
But as I pressed forward, I faced significant challenges. I made mistakes—mixing personal relationships with business, trusting the wrong people, and overextending myself emotionally. One pivotal moment came when I traveled to Bihar for a dear brother’s wedding. What was meant to be a short trip turned into an extended stay, and I contracted typhoid. This illness took me away from work, and I found myself questioning my direction. Even in those difficult times, I clung to my faith, trusting that God was still leading me.
In a moment of clarity, I felt God calling me to leave my business behind and follow a new path. I didn’t know exactly what it would look like, but I trusted Him. I shut down the business and moved to Maharashtra, leaving behind everything I had built. I entered this new season with uncertainty but complete reliance on God’s guidance.
When I arrived in Mumbai, I faced rejection in a series of job interviews. Every opportunity seemed promising, but none of them worked out. It was discouraging, but I continued to trust that God had a plan. Through a family connection, I was referred to an NGO, where I began volunteering. I believed this was where God wanted me, but after working there for a month and eight days, things didn’t go as I expected. The organization wasn’t satisfied with my work, and I didn’t receive any confirmation or official joining letter. I prayed for clarity, and soon, God opened another door through, a sister in Christ.
From Uncertainty to Divine Purpose: Surrendering My Life to Christ.
On April 7, 2022, I made a life-changing decision—I fully surrendered my life to supporting the ministry in North India. For 20 years, I had lived as a pastor’s kid, always saying I wanted to support pastors, missionaries, and help poor families. But in reality, I didn’t have a personal connection with Jesus. Everything changed that day. I began a journey of spiritual growth, starting devotions and daily prayers. I even tried to join Bible colleges and programs like YWAM, but none of them worked out.
In September 2022, I had my first real encounter with God. I started asking Him questions about His plans for me, and during this time, He reminded me of the dream He had given me as a child—the dream to start an orphanage and support children across India. He also revealed a powerful vision related to the ministry, confirming that the direction I was heading in was His will.
At the age of 21, with the help of a childhood friend Libin, I started my own company (Kerith Entertainment Private Limited). God led me to open a head office in Mumbai. At the same time, I had an important project in Bihar for my brother’s wedding. However, during this project, my emotions got the better of me, and I stayed longer than planned, eventually contracting typhoid. By God’s grace, I recovered and returned to Kerala, but I realized I had lost my connection with the Holy Spirit for over a year and a half.
By June 2024, the Holy Spirit began speaking to me clearly once again. God gave me a list of things to do, and I wrote them down faithfully. Four men of God came to my house to confirm everything that God had spoken to me. With that, I stopped the company that God had initially given me and obeyed His call to go to Maharashtra.
I faced many challenges after that. When I arrived in Mumbai, nothing happened for two weeks. Then, unexpectedly, my aunt referred me to an NGO. I went there to volunteer, and they eventually offered me a job. I was provided with a good cabin, and I thought I was on the right track. But after a month, the organization wasn’t happy with my work, and I became a burden to them. I prayed to God, asking why He had brought me to this place.
One night, God spoke to me in a powerful way. He told me to pray for the NGO, to intercede on its behalf. He even instructed me to sit at the entrance of the NGO and pray. I obeyed and spent time praying in the soil, asking God to reveal His will. Shortly after, I felt a clear sense that I would soon leave the NGO. A few days later, a brother in Christ came to pray with me, and he confirmed what I had been feeling in my heart.
At the same time, a sister in Christ invited me to an event in Mumbai. I felt the pull to help her, but I was still committed to the NGO. I prayed for guidance. On October 10, after much prayer and reflection, I decided to leave the NGO. I didn’t know what the future would hold, but I knew that God was calling me to something greater.
Looking back now, I can see God’s hand in every step of the journey. From the childhood dream to the challenges I faced, to the moments of uncertainty, He was always there, guiding me. What I had surrendered to Him, He used to fulfill His promises. Today, I stand on the verge of the vision God gave me all those years ago—ready to build, support, and serve the children of India. I may not know all the details, but I am fully confident that God’s plan is perfect, and I am ready to walk in faith wherever He leads.
Dear child of God, whatever situation you are going through, just trust in God. Follow what God has given you. Prophets, pastors, parents, and friends may not know your calling and purpose in life, and they may turn against you. But if it’s God’s plan, trust Him and follow Him blindly. Only He knows your path. Read the Bible, spend time in prayer, and grow in Christ.


No comments:
Post a Comment